When constituents use an online form to donate, register, or sign up for emails, they receive a default confirmation email. To send a customized email instead, first create a confirmation email and then add it to your form. Custom confirmation emails also mark the transaction as acknowledged in your database.
Create Confirmation Email
To create a customized confirmation email:
- Create an email template. When selecting a starter design, choose a transaction template for an online giving or event registration form, or choose an interaction template for an email sign-up, volunteer activity, or constituent information form.
Tip: Don't see this in Bloomerang? Contact us to upgrade your free account to start creating emails.
- After creating and editing your template, click the Details tab.
- Click the Purpose menu. Choose Acknowledgement for transaction forms.
Click Save And, Go to Email Home to save your template.
Add Confirmation Email to Form
To add the confirmation email to a form, follow these steps:
- Open an existing form or create a new one.
- Click the Confirmation Email menu and choose an email. Only emails with the correct type and purpose appear.
- Make any other changes you want to the form and click Save and Preview.
- Review your form and click Publish.
Insert the form script into your website. Now any constituent who uses the form receives a customized email from your organization.