Test your Stripe or Authorize.Net credit card processor with a live credit card to make sure it is set up correctly. This test creates a real transaction, but there are clean up steps included at the end of this article.
Authorize.Net transaction processors must be live to test them in Bloomerang. If you want to specifically test a form with Authorize.Net, you must set it to Test Mode.
Tip: Do not use a live Authorize.Net processor to test forms. See Test Forms with Transactions for instructions on creating a test processor.
Use your existing Authorize.Net processor. If you don't already have one set up, create one:
- The Transaction Processors page for new Authorize.net accounts is only available via direct link. Login to your database and go to the Transaction Processors page.
- Click New, Authorize.Net Processor.
- Type in a name for the processor.
- Type in the API keys in the API Login ID and API Transaction Key fields. Do not check Test Mode.
- Click Save to finish.
Stripe transaction processors do not have a Test Mode option, so you can only do live testing in Bloomerang or on a form.
Warning: Test with $1 transactions. You can refund the transaction to the donor, but the transaction fees are non-refundable.
Use your existing Stripe processor. If you don't already have one set up, create one.
- The Transaction Processors page for new Stripe accounts is only available via direct link. Login to your database and go to the Transaction Processors page.
- Click New, Stripe Processor.
- If you have an existing Stripe account, select Add my existing Stripe account.
- If you do not have a Stripe account yet, select Create a New Stripe Account.
- Sign in with your Stripe account, then click Connect my Stripe account.
- Type in a name for your processor.
- Click Save.
Test the Processor
To test either an Authorize.Net or Stripe processor, add a credit card transaction to a constituent.
Tip: If you are using your own credit card, create yourself as a constituent in Bloomerang.
- Fill in the Date, Amount, and Fund fields as normal.
- Click Credit Card as the method.
- In the Processor field, select a credit card processor.
- Fill in the card number, and expiration date.
- Click Save.
The transaction is processed and shows up on the constituent's timeline.
Refund the test transactions from Bloomerang. On the constituent's timeline, open the donation and click Refund. If you are completely finished testing, contact email@example.com to clean up the test transactions.