Create an Email Template - HD
Modified on: Fri, 25 Sep, 2020 at 2:44 PM
This article covers the basics of creating an email template, which you can later modify and send out to your constituents.
- Click and then Email Templates.
- Click New.
Tip: Don't see this in Bloomerang? Contact us to upgrade your free account to start creating email templates.
- Choose a starter design by clicking on a template.
- On the Design step, you can customize your template. See Edit an Email for details.
- Click the Filter tab to determine which constituents will be included in the communication. The available filters depend on whether the email is based on constituents, transactions or interactions. To change the available filters you must change the filter type:
- Click Change Filter Type.
- Select the Desired Filter Type.
- Click Change Type.
Note: Bloomerang detects whether your template is being used as a custom confirmation email on an online form or whether your template contains type-specific merge fields or data tables. Before changing the filter type, you will need to select a new confirmation email on the online form(s) and delete merge fields and data tables if prompted.
See Filter Emails and Letters for more details on filtering your audience. 6. Click the Details tab to enter more information about your email. The Describe Your Email section is used in your database but is not seen by the recipient. The Email Details section is what the recipient sees in their email inbox.
- Name: A brief, descriptive name for this email.
- Purpose: How you want to use this email.
Note: If you mark a transaction email with a purpose of Acknowledgment and use it as a confirmation email in a transaction form (online giving or event registration), the donation is automatically marked as acknowledged.
- Email Interests: Select email interests that best reflect the content of this email.
Note: Mark transaction-based emails with all of the email interests.
- Allow Blank Merge Fields?: When checked, constituents will not be skipped due to blank merge fields.
- Subject: The subject line that will appear in the constituent's email inbox.
- From Name: The from name that will appear in the constituent's email inbox.
- From Email:The from email that will appear in the constituent's email box.
Tip: Use an email address from your organization's domain name for better email delivery rates.
7. Click Save And, then select Go to Email Home to return to your list of email templates.
Your email template is created, and now you can customize it.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.