Create as many users as you need for the different people who access your Bloomerang database. There is no limit to the number of users your database can have, so create a separate user account for each person.
Access the Users List
To access the Users area:
- Click .
- Click View All Settings.
- On the Settings page, click Edit in the Users tile.
Add a User
To add a new user, click New on the Users page. This opens the User Settings page.
Keep these things in mind as you fill out the fields:
- Username - Each username must be unique across all Bloomerang databases. We recommend using the user’s email address as the username.
- Email - Type an email address to which the user has access. We send an email to this address so the user can set their own password.
- Time Zone - Select the user's timezone. Timestamps, scheduled emails, and scheduled reports are displayed in this time zone.
- Permissions - An Administrator has full rights in your Bloomerang database. A Standard user is unable to access Settings or the Duplicate Constituents page, and may have their exact permissions refined by Administrators. See User Permissions to learn more.
- Task Notification Emails - A user is notified by email when they are assigned a new task, when an assigned task is updated, and when an assigned task is overdue. This preference is active for all users by default. See Create and Edit Tasks to learn more about what these permissions allow.
Edit a User
To edit a user, click that user's name on the Users page. To edit your own user account, click , then Edit My User.
Change a User’s Password
- Click Actions.
- Click Change Password.
If this is your own account, type in your new password and click Save.
If this is another user's account, click Send Email. The user receives an email with a link to reset her password.
Change a User’s Email Address
- Click Actions
- Click Change Email Address.
- Type in the new email address and click Send Email.
The user gets a notification email at his old email address and a verification email at his new email address. The user must click the link inside the verification email and sign into Bloomerang to finish changing the email address.
Resend or Cancel a Pending Email Address Change
- Click Resend Validation Email.
If you need to cancel the email address change after sending a validation email, click Cancel.
Change a User's Permission Level
- Click the Permissions dropdown menu.
- Select a different permission level.
If you are setting a user’s permission level to Standard, additional permissions options will appear. See User Permissions for full details.
Change a User's Task Notification Emails Preference
- Check/uncheck the box beside Send emails when Tasks are assigned or updated.
- Click Save.
Bloomerang recommends allowing each user to manage their own task notification preference. See Create and Edit Tasks to learn more.
Deactivate a User Account
- Uncheck Active.
- Click Save.
The user will be unable to login to the database. If this user has active tasks, choose a user to reassign the tasks to.
Note: You cannot deactivate your own user account, but another user can deactivate it.
Delete a User Account
- Click Delete.
- If the user has active tasks or is a Benevon team leader, choose a user to reassign the items to.
- Click Reassign and Delete User or Yes.
Warning: Deleting an account cannot be undone. If the user needs to be added back later, you must create a new user account.