Occasionally, it may be necessary to unlink a credit card or EFT transaction, processed in Bloomerang, from your transaction processor. Unlinking a processed transaction from your processor will allow you to edit the transaction in your Bloomerang database without changing the record in the processor.
What Does the Unlink from Processor Button Do?
When a credit card or EFT transaction is processed in Bloomerang, a connection is created between Bloomerang and your transaction processor. The Date, Amount, and Method fields are locked on the transaction in Bloomerang to ensure these records are consistent between Bloomerang and the processor.
Administrator Users and Standard Users, with access to add, edit, or delete transactions, can click the Unlink from Processor button on a processed transaction and break the connection between Bloomerang and the processor. This will allow you to edit locked fields (such as Date, Amount or Method), or delete the transaction entry without triggering a refund in the processor. See Use Cases below for some examples of when you would need to unlink a transaction from your processor.
Here are some common use cases for unlinking processed transactions in Bloomerang:
- Online donations made by individuals that should be applied to an organization.
- Unlink this transaction on the constituent's timeline, delete it and apply it to the organization in Bloomerang, without affecting the transaction in your transaction processor.
- Partial refunds that have been applied in your transaction processor.
- Unlink this transaction to manually edit the amount in Bloomerang to reflect the amount in your transaction processor.
- Correcting Pledge Payments or Recurring Donation Payments applied in error.
- Delete a payment that was applied to the wrong Pledge or Recurring Donation Schedule without affecting the transaction in your transaction processor.
How to Unlink a Processed Transaction
- Click the processed transaction entry on the constituent's timeline.
- Click Unlink from Processor in the blue box.
- Enter a reason for unlinking the transaction, click Unlink.