Ensure that your Bloomerang email works smoothly and securely by setting the email addresses in your Bloomerang database and configuring settings with your domain. You may also use a personal email address as the From address when sending email in Bloomerang, but a personal email address may be replaced to ensure delivery.
- Domain is the "MyWebsite" part of www.MyWebsite.com.
- An IP address is a computer address that looks like 111.22.333.444. An IP address is assigned to each domain and computer connected to the Internet.
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation system. It allows recipients to check that incoming mail comes from an authorized server. It prevents email from getting marked as spam and not delivered to your constituents. A correct SPF setup says, “Yes, this server is allowed to send mail on our behalf.”
- Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) is an email authentication, policy, and reporting protocol.
Your Email Address in Bloomerang
Brand mass emails sent with Bloomerang using your organization's website domain name. First, set your email address in your organization settings and remember to use this email address in the From Email field when sending emails. Next, configure the SPF settings with your domain.
Appropriately configured SPF settings are required to successfully send and receive email from Bloomerang, and to send BCC email to Bloomerang. After you have configured your organization settings, follow these steps to ensure your domain's SPF settings are configured for success:
- Add the following include statement in your DNS settings to allow Sendgrid, Bloomerang's mass email provider, to send mass email on your behalf: include:sendgrid.net
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email’s contact list or allowlist. This prevents essential emails from Bloomerang ending up in your spam folder.
If you are unsure where to begin with updating your SPF settings, please see Set Up SPF for detailed steps and examples. Configuring SPF settings is an appropriate task for your IT team if you have one at your organization.
Sometimes you may choose to use a personal email address, such as @gmail, @icloud, or @yahoo, when sending email from Bloomerang. To accommodate for DMARC and make sure your emails get delivered, Bloomerang replaces certain personal email domain names with mailman.bloomerang-mail.com. Bloomerang uses the original From address as the Reply To address so you still get any replies.
See Email Providers and DMARC for more information about DMARC.
Note: Not all email programs will use the different Reply To email address.