Build a Mailchimp Email Template in Bloomerang to push filtered constituent data to Mailchimp. See Mailchimp Basics if you have not yet set up a Mailchimp integration in your database.
- Create a Mailchimp Email Template
- Send Email in Mailchimp
- Track Mailchimp Email in Bloomerang
- Report on Mailchimp Interactions
Create a Mailchimp Email Template
- Click , Email Templates.
- Click New.
- Select Mailchimp Template.
- Add a Template Name. A unique Tag will be created in Mailchimp using the Template Name and a timestamp taken at the time of the push.
- Select a Purpose.
- Select Email Interests. Email Interests will map to Groups in Mailchimp.
- Click Save.
- Click the Filter tab that appears to determine which constituents will be included in the push to Mailchimp.
Tip: See Filter Emails and Letters for help with filtering your constituents.
- Once you have filtered for all of the constituents you would like to push to Mailchimp, click Save And Preview.
Note: The Preview screen on a Mailchimp Email Template will include an additional tab that displays which Bloomerang fields will push data to Mailchimp fields.
- Click Push, and then Push Now to send to Mailchimp immediately. Select Schedule for Later to schedule a time to push the data to Mailchimp.
Schedule for Later
If you choose to Schedule for Later, a dialog box will appear. Select the Frequency you want to use to push to Mailchimp:
- Select Daily and then the time of day.
- Select Weekly and then the day of the week and at what time.
- Select Once and the specific date and time to send just once.
Then click Save and Schedule.
Note: The Schedule Email dialog box will note the time zone if the user account is set to a different time zone from the device they are currently working on. Update your user account time zone to make this note disappear and ensure you are sending emails at the time you intend. See Add and Edit Users.
Scheduled emails will show a badge on the Email Templates page. Hovering over this badge will show more information about the schedule:
On the date and within 15 minutes around the time you selected, Bloomerang will use the email template's filters to build a list of recipients and push to Mailchimp. If the filters do not return any results at the time the email is scheduled to be pushed to Mailchimp, you will receive a confirmation email stating that the push was not completed and will be attempted again at the next scheduled time.
Send Email in Mailchimp
Once you have pushed your constituents to Mailchimp, find them by locating the Tag. It is possible to add additional recipients to the Mailchimp email, but Bloomerang interactions will only be created for constituents pushed from Bloomerang.
- Login to your Mailchimp account.
- Click Audience.
- Click the Tag that was created with the Template Name and timestamp to Target with Campaign.
- Click Create An Email to start a new email draft targeting the constituents that were pushed from Bloomerang.
Tip: If you archive an Audience in Mailchimp with contacts that were pushed from Bloomerang, the constituents will be opted out of receiving email in Bloomerang. Move your contacts to a new Audience in Mailchimp before archiving to ensure they are not opted out in Bloomerang.
For more information on creating Mailchimp emails, see Mailchimp's documentation.
Track Mailchimp Email in Bloomerang
When an email is sent from Mailchimp, an interaction is created on the timeline of each Bloomerang constituent that was pushed in the template. Tracking information is displayed on each individual timeline entry:
The template contains information about when it was pushed and the last time it was sent in Mailchimp:
Report on Mailchimp Interactions
You can report on Mailchimp email interactions by using the Mailchimp Mass Email channel. To see a report of constituents that have Mailchimp interactions, follow these steps:
- Click , Go to Reports List.
- Click New.
- Click Build a Report from Scratch.
- Click Constituents.
- Click the green Add filter button.
- Search for and select Has Interactions.
- Click Interactions and change it to Specific Interactions.
- Click the green Add filter button in the new options that appear.
- Search and select Channel.
- Select Mailchimp Mass Email and click OK twice.