Zapier connects the apps you use every day. Use it with Bloomerang to automatically accomplish the tasks you would normally perform manually. With Zapier, you can connect thousands of apps with your Bloomerang database.
Before you get started with Zapier, it is important to understand some common terms:
A Zap is an automated workflow between your apps in Zapier. Entering a new constituent’s data into a spreadsheet and then saving that data as a new constituent in Bloomerang would be a Zap, for example. A Zap consists of Triggers and Actions.
A Trigger in Zapier is an event that starts a Zap. The trigger in our example would be adding constituent data to a spreadsheet. This event tells the Zap to start the workflow.
Here are Bloomerang Triggers that you will find in Zapier:
- New Transaction- Triggers when a new transaction is created. Further customize which transactions act as a trigger:
- Select a transaction type: donation, pledge, pledge payment, recurring donation schedule, or soft credit.
- Enter a minimum amount
- Enter a maximum amount
Note:If the transaction is a split payment in Bloomerang, the resulting output is the total amount of the original transaction when using the New Transaction trigger.
- New Constituent - Triggers when a new constituent is created.
- Updated Constituent - Triggers when a constituent is updated.
- New Transaction Payment- Triggers for each new donation, pledge payment, and recurring donation payment created.
Note: Use the New Transaction Payment trigger to distinguish between split payment designations. For example, when creating sales receipts in QuickBooks Online, this trigger creates one sales receipt for each split.
An Action in Zapier is the event that occurs after the Trigger and completes the Zap. A new constituent that is created in Bloomerang after the data has been added to the spreadsheet is the Action in our example.
Here are the available Bloomerang Actions that you will find in Zapier:
- Create Interaction - Creates a new interaction.
- Create Donation - Creates a new donation (with line item support, 10 max.).
- Create Constituent - Creates a new constituent.
- Update Constituent - Updates an existing constituent.
- Find Constituent- Find a constituent by name and at least one of the following: address, phone, or email. Optionally, create one if none are found.
Tip: The Find Constituent action is an essential step to avoid creating duplicates in Bloomerang.
Create Task - Creates a new task.
A Task in Zapier is the completion of a Zap. Every time constituent data is added to the spreadsheet (Trigger), resulting in the creation of a new constituent in Bloomerang (Action), a Task has been completed. If you add 10 constituents in your spreadsheet and that creates 10 new constituents in your Bloomerang database, your Zap will have completed 10 Tasks.
Set Up Zapier & Bloomerang
Integrating with Zapier is done entirely within the Zapier app. There are no settings to adjust in your Bloomerang database. To sign up for Zapier for Non-Profits, go to their site here.
Once you are logged in with Zapier, you can begin adding Apps and creating Zaps. You can find Bloomerang with a quick search:
Use a Zap Template
- Log into your Zapier Account, and navigate to Bloomerang’s app profile.
- Click Try It to select a template. Review the template’s prebuilt settings and customize, as needed.
Tip! Always test your zap to ensure your connection is good and your data is correct.
- Turn on your Zap, and you’re all set!
Try these popular templates and customize zaps for the following apps:
- Create a Donation in Bloomerang when a New Order is Created in Eventbrite
- Create an Interaction in Bloomerang when a New Attendee Registers in Eventbrite
- Create an Interaction in Bloomerang when an Attendee Checks-In with Eventbrite
- Connect Bloomerang and Gmail for New Transaction Notifications
- Connect Bloomerang and Gmail for Recurring Payment Confirmations
See more integrations powered by Zapier and connect Bloomerang to 3,000+ Apps!