DonorSearch is a wealth prospecting tool. Individual constituents in your database have a Generosity score on their Summary screen. The Generosity score shows the overall DonorSearch rating for this constituent. This unique score takes into account a wide array of information, such as wealth markers, real estate holdings, and philanthropic history, in order to deliver a quality indicator of potential giving.
Note: Only constituents with a United States address can be scanned.
The Generosity score is determined by the DS Rating from DonorSearch according to the following table:
DonorSearch: DS Rating
Bloomerang offers three additional options for working with DonorSearch: ProspectView, Batch Screening, and Online Suite of Tools.
ProspectView allows you to research the public wealth information and charitable giving history of individuals directly from your Bloomerang database. The data is not imported into your Bloomerang database.
To view the ProspectView report, click View in DonorSearch. Click Update to refresh the Generosity score in Bloomerang.
Batch screening enables you to research thousands of your constituents at once. The DonorSearch data is imported into your Bloomerang database.
You can also view a summarized DonorSearch data for the constituents who were included in the batch screening request. A new batch screening request replaces data from an older batch screening.
See Generosity Details
To see the DonorSearch summary from your most recent batch screening:
Open a constituent’s Summary page.
In the Generosity section, click View Generosity Details to see the summarized DonorSearch data.
A household account shows the DonorSearch data for the head of household. To work with DonorSearch data, go to the individual constituent’s account.
An organization account shows the DonorSearch data for either the organization's philanthropy or a person (if the person's name was included in the batch screening request).
Click Update to refresh the Generosity score in Bloomerang.
What Happens When I Click View in DonorSearch?
When you click View in DonorSearch, different things happen depending on whether the constituent was:
- Included in a batch screening: You see the raw DonorSearch data from the batch screening. If you’d like the nitty gritty details about how the Generosity Profile summary relates to the raw DonorSearch data, see DonorSearch Generosity Details Explained. To see up-to-date data, click Refresh Data in DonorSearch. The results are not imported into Bloomerang.
- Not included in a batch screening: You run a ProspectView. The results are not imported into Bloomerang. Since you started the ProspectView from within Bloomerang, DonorSearch uses the following information to provide the most accurate results:
- Individual’s name if not in household
- Individual’s name and other household member if household only has two members
- If household has three or more members, the head of household's name is sent. If the head of household has a spousal relationship, the spouse’s name is sent, too. The spouse must be marked with a Spouse, Wife, or Husband relationship in Bloomerang.
Report on DonorSearch Data
You can report on all constituents’ Generosity. Generosity Details are only available if your organization purchased a DonorSearch batch screening after 8/6/2017.
Find DonorSearch filters and columns under Constituents > Generosity and Constituents > Generosity Details.
A few things to keep in mind:
- The Largest Charitable Gift and Wealth Capacity values are ranges, so the filters work slightly differently:
- If you filter for $2000-$5000, your results include any overlapping ranges. For example, your results include constituents with $1-$3000 or $2500-$7500.
- If you filter for >$1000, your results include ranges where the lowest or highest value matches the filter. For example, your results include $3500-$5000 and $1-$1500.
- Ranges sort by the smallest value.
See Report Columns and Filters for a list of the Generosity columns and filters.